Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The End of the Year

終於等到學期末It’s time for Luke to head home 路克終於可以啟程回家囉You hold me, you guide me. Whenever I look back, I know You’re watching over me by Luke Wang

Time flies like a speeding arrow. After a year of hard work, I can finally see the end of my freshman year. After months of adjustments, I feel comfortable living in this environment. This year has been such a blessing for me. I am amazed by how God has led me. His grace and love have held me together through many difficulties; His Word and promise have given me strength. I can’t wait to go back to Taipei and share what I have learned this year – this wonderful and amazing year – with my friends.

I can hardly wait to start my summer vacation and am already making plans. I had a bad dream a few days ago that my friends in Taipei forgot me; however, I'm sure it was just a bad dream, right? I am enjoying my life. I've really pushed myself to get out of my comfort zone this first year of college. I am glad that I made some American friends-it helped me blend more into this society. Drinking my Caramel Frappuccino and writing my blog, I am ready to go to the library. Finals are next week, my flight is the week after next. Coffee, I love you.

Grammar
After a year of hard work, I can finally see the end of my freshman year.
to see- see something with eyes.
I see clouds in the sky.
see- here refer to something you can or can not imaging about.
Ted can see himself opening a small restaurant.
Stanley's plan is so strange, it's hard for me to see how it could ever work.

Vocabulary
blessing-祝福,也指幸运的事。
*Eric asked for his future father-in-law's blessing to marry his daughter.
*It was really a blessing that no one got hurt in the car accident.
comfort zone-一个令人觉得舒适或安逸的环境或范围 situation where he feels comfortable. comfort-舒适,安逸。zone-范围,地带,区域。
*The training actually forced you to step out of your comfort zone and face your fears.
blend-mix into something. 融入。混和。
*Cathy moved a lot as a child, so it's easy for her to blend with different kinds of people. 打成一片。
*The sofa blends well with the color of the walls. 很相配,很调和。

Chat Room
blend into American society-融入美国的社会
melting pot-大熔炉 blend, and mixed together in a big pot.美国由许多其他的国家民族组成,故比喻为大熔炉,但多少有些错误的迷失,现今已很少如此比喻。
salad bowl-一大盘的生菜沙拉,mixed together but still keep it's culture and characters.现今人们用“一碗生菜沙拉” 来形容美国,因为生菜沙拉盘中有着各式各样的食材混拌在一起,但不失其各种食材本身的特色与风味。意指多元文化的提倡。

No comments: