Saturday, August 28, 2010

Discovering the True Beauty of Taiwan and Enjoying My Friendships

人是故鄉親Luke enjoys traveling with friends in Taiwan With my tank top on, I am enjoying the heat發表讓人們目不轉睛的演講 by Luke Wang

Time flies-it is already the last month of my summer break. To start out this crazy month, my friends and I decided to go to Green Island- a famous spot southeast of Taiwan. With its hot weather and beautiful natural resources, Green Island is famous for water sports.

Starting with Taitung (台東), we spent a day visiting some famous tourist sites. The next day we went to Green Island. I was fascinated by the island's beauty: natural, simple and lovely. The sun burned my skin and sweat dampened my shirt, but I loved the feeling, especially with great friends at my side.

After the Green Island trip, another group of friends took me to a beach in northern Taiwan: Baishawan (白砂灣).With its white sandy shores, Baishawan is a great place for college students to hang ont.

Here I am at the end of the month, recalling my four months of summer break. I know it is time to say goodbye. I don't want to go, but my studies are calling me. Savoring the love of friends and family, I realize what is most important to me.

Grammar Tips:
I was fascinated by the island's beauty: natural, simple and lovely.
usage of ":" in English sentence.
For the hike, please pack: a water bottle, and extra jacket, some snacks, and a flashlight.
The apartment had everything I was looking for: great view, large rooms, good location, and a reasonable price.

Vocabulary Tips:
natural resources-天然資源(複數名詞)natural-天然 resource-資源
*Alaska boasts abundant natural resources such as natural gas and oil.
*Regulation have been designed to protect our natural resources.
dampen-潮濕,弄溼但不是整個的濕透.
*After the rain dampened my jacket, I hung it up to let it dry.
*The chef dampened a towel to cover the dough.
savor-(食物)的品嘗(享受)really enjoy,此指欣賞,享受.
*When Rita went to Paris she savored every moment of the trip.
*Timothy know how to savor his success.

Chat Room
Time-
Time flies when you're having fun. 時間飛逝,光陰似箭.
lost track of time-沒注意時間.
to be pressed for time-時間有限.having not too much time to finish or do it.
time and again =again and again時常,常常的發生.
third time's (time is) a charm-第三次會有好運氣.會成功.

No comments: