Sunday, March 28, 2010

Exercise Is Needed; a Diet Is Essential

運動純屬必要,節制飲食實屬必須Trying hard to get rid of this 10 kg of American food學校自助餐廳的飲食害路加變胖了Cafeteria food is making Luke fat by Luke Wang

If you live in a great place like Taipei, dear readers, you might sometimes forget that the food is so delicious. In my school, all freshmen are required to purchase a meal plan, so most students eat at the campus cafeteria. After eating cafeteria food for seven months, I am sick and tired of it. And it’s making me fat. I’ve gained almost 10 kg. Even though I have done some weight training, I need to start doing cardio exercises to get in shape.

There is one thing I am grateful for: I live in California. California is known for its high number of Asian immigrants, so finding traditional Chinese food isn’t a big problem. After eating American food for a week, I always find a way to get some Chinese food with friends. A nearby city, Arcadia is even noted for some Taiwanese stores like ..... Eating there is so wonderful! Oh, and I just passed my written driver's permit test. I am now scheduling times with an instructor to learn how to drive. This is going to be really exciting!

Grammar
There is one thing I am grateful for: I live in California.=I am thankful that I live in California.
When you writing a report, try to use the simple sentence to bring people attention then tell about the good news. such as:
*Ladies and gentlemen, we finally did it: We finally have one million customers using our product.
(Ladies and gentlemen. I would like to report to all of you that we finally have one million customers using our product.)
*Yes, our company has many problems. But one thing is for sure: We need to work together as a team.
(Our company has many problems, but we need to work together as a team.)

Vocabulary
sick and tired of-对某事或某人感到极其厌倦,厌恶.
*I'm sick and tired of working hard and still not getting a pay raise.
*Alice is sick and tired of her parents' constant nagging.
noted-有名的 note-注意,注目. 以什么为有名用"for
*The noted Korean singer will perform in Tokyo this summer.知名的..
*The teacher is noted for her strictness.以严格出了名
instructor-教练,大学的讲师或训练员instruct- 训练,指导 or-人
*Brenda works part-time as a swimming instructor.
*Wesley is a History instructor in USC.教历史的讲师
cardio-refer to heart, something to do with heart.
weight training-lifting weight exercise to build up the body and make muscle strong.

Chat Room
driver's license-驾驶执照
diver's permit-学习驾驶的执照
diver's training-驾驶训练
written test-笔试
road skills test-路试
In the U.S.A you have to pass the written and road test to obtain a driver's license.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A nice blog of mentaining good health, thank you for the tips.

greatchandeliers